Letter # 463 Family living on street after losing home to fire Letter#463
I am writing this letter to you on behalf of Keith's and Fabiola Faber family who lives in Santa Rosa.
I am writing to you today because Keith's family has a problem. My Fiancé Keith Faber and myself., Fabiola Serrano, along with our five children and our 16-year-old niece that we have in our custody have been camped on the streets in Santa Rosa since back in October 2017 due to the fires. We are a blended family who lost our home and everything we owned in the fires and have been homeless for since the day of the fires with nowhere to go. We went to the evacuation shelter at the fairgrounds and when that closed, we had to figure out where to go next. My Fiancé and I realized we had no other options but faced living on the streets! My family went to the gates of Camp Mikayla where other people lived and that would be safer. When we got there, we had to check to see if Camp Mikayla had space for our family and the camp vote did accept us! We lived at camp Mikayla for more than a year until the city shut down the camp. We moved to migrated to the bike trail and lived on the streets and then camp host came to visit us on the street. They stated that we were eligible to receive help by making room for our large family to camp there.
While living at the camp, we called every shelter and registered with them. We applied and took assessments! We are hoping that they accepted to one of the shelters to get us off the streets! They were consistently full and our names remained on the wait list. It was not until host intervened in our life and we keep hope alive! Our hope is that we get a safe place to live!
I am hoping that Secret Santa can help Keith's family out by granting this wish. • Keith Faber dad 37 clothing size 3-x pant 42 x 32 shoes 12 hobbies Raiders, Warriors and native jewelry making.
• Fabiola Serrano mom 28 clothing size Large tops/jackets pant 9 and shoes boys size 4 shoes women size 6.5 hobbies drawing (sketch paper, colored pencils and pens, crocheted, woodworking)
• Valentina Valenzuela 16 clothing size boys pants 28 x 28, t-shirts / sweat shirts (small men sizes) shoes 6.5 men hobbies likes taking pictures with her IPhone and needs a go to purchase aps for collage and like scrap booking.
• Johnathan Serrano 7 clothing size 14-16 boys or 30 x 30 pants, tops small men's or large junior, shoes 4 wide boys, hobbies - road blocks, ninja turtles and batman, five nights at Freddie’s. (Anything superhero -dresses up)
• Isaak Faber 7 clothing size 14-16 boys or 30 x 30 pants, tops small men's or large junior, shoes 4 wide boys, hobbies - road blocks, ninja turtles and batman, five nights at Freddie’s. (Anything superhero)
• Destiny Faber 5 clothing size 8 girls or medium sizes shoes 1-child hobbies: coloring, drawing, Legos rob lox, ninja turtles and batman, five nights at Freddie’s. (Anything superhero dresses up)
• King Faber 4 clothing size 7 medium, shoes 11.5 child, roadblocks, ninja turtles and batman, five nights at Freddie’s. (Anything superhero dresses up)
• Roman Faber 3 clothing size 6 medium, shoes 10.5 child, roadblocks, ninja turtles and batman, five nights at Freddie’s. (Anything superhero dresses up)
If Keith's family were able to get this help from Secret Santa it would help. To find work and go to interviews. The kids are growing out of the clothes and are worm out from consistent washing while living at the camp. We are all in need clothing after this year. At this moment we are living on quarterly Tribal funds through his tribe Cloverdale Rancheria precept funds. This is our only source of income and we are not on any assistance at all. Our kids have struggled but played together limited space and the superhero have help them tell their story in their words! This has helping them deal with challenges and all our losses. At the shelter, they are feeling safe and their biggest concern is Santa willing to find them here at the shelter! They do not want Santa to forget that they are here at the shelter and that their Dad needs clothes. They would like Santa to replace camp worn clothing, so he can be warm and this will support his effort!
Thank you for adopting this letter. Please enter your name, either best phone number to be reached or your email. Your identity will not be revealed to the recipient of your gift.
You will be contacted by the Secret Santa Coordinator shortly to discuss details of your gift. Or, feel free to contact Secret Santa by following this link